My son is allergic to all legumes. And we are vegetarians. It becomes very hard for me to come up with protein options for his food. This recipe is my go-to and I make it several times a week.
- Spinach – 1/2 cup chopped fine
- Aloo – 1/4 cup cubed
- Paneer – crumbled – 2 tbsp
- Rice – 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 1tbsp
- Fennel seeds – pinch
- Turmeric – pinch
- Jeera – pinch
- Mustard – pinch
- Peppercorns – 2
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the highlighted (#6 through #10)
- After 15-20 seconds add the vegetables and paneer, toss for 10 seconds.
- Add the rice and 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Cook until the rice is well done. (or transfer into a pressure cooker and cook under pressure for 7-8 mins.
I was born Indian and as such my cooking has Indian influence. Also, my mom and mom-in-law influence a lot of what I feed my son (in fact they have a huge say in everything related to my son). I was advised to use little spice and salt, a lot of ghee and to cook food thoroughly for easy digestion.
Paneer = Indian Cottage Cheese
Ghee= Clarified Butter