Varun is 2yr 9 months old and for milk he is still on bottle. We decided to go cold turkey beginning today. It is going okay. He needs a bottle to fall asleep…so nap and night time sleep routines have become increasingly longer. will keep you posted on the progress.
Quick post to share a recipe that I make for Varun. The following recipe make about 3 medium sized parathas.
- Spinach – 1 cup
- Grated Cheese (any kind) – 1/4 cup
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- A pinch of salt
- Water – enough to make the dough
- Ghee (clarified butter) – 1 tsp (or more)
- Blanch spinach by following the steps here. Chop it finely. Save some of the hot water that was used in the process.
- Mix flour, cheese, olive oil, salt and chopped spinach. Add water sparingly to make the dough come together.
- Let it rest for 10 mins.
- Then make small balls out of the dough and roll them out in to parathas
- Heat a cast iron pan and fry the parathas one at a time. Start with first side, fry for about 20 secs, turn over, drizzle some ghee. Then flip it again, drizzle a little more ghee and take it off the pan.
- Serve with cottage cheese or yogurt.